8-BIT SINGLE-CHIP MICROCONTROLLER (WITH A/D CONVERTER)
The µPD78C18 is an 8-bit CMOS microcontroller which integrates 16-bit ALU, ROM, RAM, an A/D converter, a multi-function timer/event counter, and a general-purpose serial interface onto a single chip, and whose memory (ROM/RAM) is externally expandable up to 31 Kbytes. The µPD78C18 can operate at low power consumption because of its CMOS architecure and is provided with a standby function that enables data retention with an even lower power consumption.
The µPD78C17 is the ROM-less version of the µPD78C18. Its memory (ROM/RAM) is expandable externally up to 63 Kbytes.
• 159 types of instructions: 87AD series instruction set plus multiply/divide and 16-bit operation instructions
• Instruction cycle: 0.8 µs (at 15-MHz operation)
• Internal ROM: 32768 x 8 bits (µPD78C18 only)
• Internal RAM: 1024 x 8 bits
• Up to 64 Kbytes of memory (ROM/RAM) can be directly addressed.
• High-resolution 8-bit A/D converter: 8 analog inputs
• General-purpose serial interface: Asynchronous, synchronous, I/O interface modes
• Multi-function 16-bit timer/event counter
• Two 8-bit timers
• I/O lines Input/output ports : 28 (µPD78C17), 40 (µPD78C18)
Edge detection inputs : 4
• 11 interrupt functions External : 3, Internal: 8 (Non-maskable: 1, Maskable: 10)
• Zero-cross detection function: (2 inputs)
• Standby function: HALT mode, hardware/software STOP mode
• Mask option pull-up resistors can be incorporated into Ports A, B, and C. (µPD78C18 only)